Skip to content
Hair coloring causing sores on scalp
heavenwing posted:
I have been coloring my hair for 10 years. But the past year almost every time i do I get sores all over the back of my neck and hair line as well as over my ears. Itchy burning with clear liquid coming out of some.
Its painful. I have tried even wash in with no ammonia and it still comes back. takes 6 weeks to clear up but by then i have to color my roots again
Im worried that the long term affects could be a poisoning in my scalp.
Anyone know what to do

atti_editor responded:
Hi heavenwing,

Have you changed the brand or type of hair dye that you use in the past year? It sounds like you might have a chemical allergy to something in the dye you are using. The above link will give you some more information. An allergist can do a skin test if you suspect a chemical allergy is to blame. Please let us know how you are doing!

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.