Skip to content
Bumps
doxielover10 posted:
I have been blessed and cursed. I will be 60 in September and my facial skin looks 30. No hint of a wrinkle, blemish, spots.I am 100% Irish so I have very light, sensitive skin.I always use sunscreen and NEVER sit in the sun.

My body skin is very dry, I use Dove cream oil which works well.However, in the last few years I have noticed my body skin has developed small bumps, which I hate. I have no idea what to do about them.

I hate the bumps on my stomach which are large and hard. I also have a large varicose vain across my stomach, which I HATE.

I had to have a Hysterectomy in my 30's due to Hemorrhaging. I have never taken any kind of Hormone Replacement Therapy, nor have I ever had any symptoms most Women suffer through with Menopause. I've wondered if this is what caused the bumps on my body skin ?

I've recently developed coarse white hairs on my chin which are just HORRIBLE. I was told they could not be lasered, so I have been shaving them, which really does not work. I am having a very difficult time with the idea of turning 60, I feel 30.

I would appreciate any advice.

Allison

atti_editor responded:
Hi doxielover10,

First, here is some information on treatment options for varicose veins that you may find interesting. Have you seen a dermatologist or asked your doctor about the bumps that have appeared on your skin? They could be keratosis pilaris (a common, harmless skin condition that causes small, hard, bumps), but an examination by a medical professional would be the best way to get a proper diagnosis and any treatment that is available. Please let us know what you find!

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Natural Herbal Treatment For Actinic Keratosis
What is Actinic Keratosis? Actinic Keratosis is a skin disorder in which involves very small, elevated rough and reddish bumps on the ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.