Skip to content
Alopecia treatment
djeec posted:
I was diagnosed with Alopecia some time ago which was targeting portions of my facial hair. After trying a Cortisone crème prescribed by my personal physician for some time, and seeing no results, my dermatologist prescribed me Clobex, a corticosteroid. I have been using that for a few months now, and have seen mild improvement, but would have thought I would have seen better results by now. I have been wondering if I am using it correctly. The dermatologist suggested putting it on once a night for several weeks until the hair grows back. Why at night? And how important is it that I wash the effected area first? Is there anything I should be doing that I'm not? Any advice would be much appreciated.

atti_editor responded:
Hi djeec,

Have you let your dermatologist know that this course of action is not showing much improvement? He/She may have another treatment option idea that could help. This information on Clobex says to make sure that your hands and the area you are applying the cream to are clean and dry. It also says to stop using the medication and let your dermatologist know if the medication has not shown improvement in 2-4 weeks. Please let us know how you are doing!

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

WHAT DO U DO WHEN THE CHILDRENS SERVERE ECEMA
I HAVE TWO GRANDCHILDRENS WITH EXTREME ECZEMA. THE GIRL CRY &SCRATCH ,THE BOY IS A 8 MOS AND HE SCRATCH TILL HE BLEED I PUT THE CREAM ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.