Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Large Bump on my Daughter's Leg... Is it Serious????
invokechange posted:
Below is a picture (it posted sideways) of a huge bump on my daughter's leg (the large bump is right under her swimsuit line on her right leg). It looks like a huge mosquito bite, but doesn't really itch. It is hard and hot. She doesn't feel pain or itching or anything.

Any idea what it is?

invokechange responded:
Also, I gave her Benadryl and it did not help at all.

atti_editor responded:
Hi invokechange,

For some reason the picture you posted isn't displaying, but here is some information on possible causes of lumps and bumps on the skin. It could be the that the bump you describe is a type of cyst or the result of folliculitis. Making an appointment with your primary care physician to have her bump evaluated is the best way to determine the proper treatment if any is necessary. Please let us know how she is doing!

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

noseeums - no-see-ums
I have suffered with the noseeums. DEET works and there is some information about prevention at www.http://noseeums.org/ More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.