Skip to content
Discoloration of Fingertips (not Raynaud's or vitiligo)
thefingertip posted:
Hello,

About a year and a half ago, I noticed that the color of my fingertips began receding (only on the top of the finger, from the nail to just before the end of the distal phalange) and changing to a white/pinkish. This is across all fingers on both hands.

It only receded for a few weeks, and hasn't progressed since.

My profile picture is a picture of my left hand.

Any ideas?

atti_editor responded:
Have your fingers come into contact with any kind of chemicals or substances you normally aren't exposed to? Any kind of trauma to your skin? Have you seen a dermatologist for a medical professional's opinion?

thefingertip replied to atti_editor's response:
Thanks for your response!

Chemicals/Substances: Nothing out of the ordinary.
Trauma: Nothing out of the ordinary as well.

No. I have yet to visit a dermatologist. My family Dr. says that "there is nothing wrong" and for me to just "wait and see if it changes".

I was hoping that someone here might have a few other ideas that I could research before going to a dermatologist so I'm more informed.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.