Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Skin tags
crystalonice888 posted:
I have skin tags on my neck and arm pits. I have been using Castor oil 3 times daily and wonder if this is helping. Since they are on my neck I was trying to stay away from baking s soda because it is so visible.

Anon_134193 responded:
Not sure how castor oil could help shrink skin tags. Some people seem to think it does something. I'd be interested to learn more about the mechanism. A skin tag would need to be removed, it wouldn't be likely to shrink.

atti_editor responded:
Hi crystalonice888,

In addition to the advice given by the previous poster, this article has some information you may find helpful to look over. It says that home remedies for removal, like using nail clippers or any lotions or pastes, may cause bleeding, infection, or scarring. It is best to have your skin tags removed by your doctor. It is a quick procedure and can be done in office. The above link describes some things your doctor may do to remove the skin tags.

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Got Eczema or Roseaca? caring help is on the way-.... heres a tip for you!
LIMU (Gentle seaweed cleanser) for men and Women and safe for kids too! remove eye makeup and shave with this popular daily cleanser from ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.