Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Big red mole on scalp?
An_257886 posted:
Hello all!

I've got blonde hair, blue eyes and therefore quite a few moles. I'm 25 but did have quite a few bouts of sunburn growing up, which obviously hasn't helped matters. As I've got older I've wised up and tried to stay out the sun, but obviously a lot of damage has already been done unfortunately.

For the last maybe 10 years (as far back as I can remember) I've had this very obscure looking thing on my head. I think I always knew it was there, but have only recently asked people to start looking at it and have had some 'surprised' responses. I always assumed it was just a raised mole, so I asked someone to photograph it and I myself was surprised to see how it looks.

My question is: what is it, and should I be worried at all?

or see picture here:
http://imgur.com/3Buezsf

thanks for any help!

atti_editor responded:
Hello,

I am not sure what this could be. Here is a slideshow on skin lesions and skin cancer that could possibly help you match up what you are experiencing and at least let you know what to look out for. It would be a good idea to have your doctor or a dermatologist look at the possible mole and determine what it is and if anything needs to be done. Please let us know what you find.

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.