Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Itching with no signs???
An_258117 posted:
For the past two weeks, I've been itching almost everywhere on my body. At first, I thought I had dry skin so I put dry relieving moisturizer. To no avail, my itching still persists. Dry skin was my only conclusion. My skin looks normal. There are no bite marks or red spots of some sort. To make things worse, I feel like there are needles pricking my skin and it sends shivers throughout my whole body. The only visible thing on my skin are the goosebumps I get on my back. I'm really stumped. I've been searching everywhere, but I can't find anything that describes my condition.

andyoliver responded:
I have the exact same thing. My whole body itches. Some times even my hands. It itch from head to toes. It started about 5 days ago 'out of the blue'. I have the same diet, I visit the same places and use the same soap (which is actually made of oats). I don't have any sign on my body, like dry skin or red spots. Some times even my lips itch.

The only thing new is my shampoo/conditioner made by Suave.

What I'm going to try now is to stop taking any multivitamins, medicines for allergy, pain killers, and stop using that shampoo to see if it helps (since I heard that a weak liver can cause this itchiness).

If for the next few days it keeps itching, I will go to a dermatologist.

Have your condition change since you wrote this post? Have you gone to the doctor?

I'm a male, 26yrs and live in the tropic.

An_258117 replied to andyoliver's response:
First of all, thank you for sharing your experience. It makes me feel comfortable knowing I'm not the only one going through something like this.

Second, yes my conditions changed since I wrote this post. I have changed absolutely nothing in my lifestyle, but the itching has subsided. The only problem I get is when I wake up in the middle of the night and only my back itches. No, I have not gone to the doctor because it has gone better.

I don't know if this is relevant but I am 16 years old and I live in California.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

psoriasis tips
I have put up with psoriasis for decades. Nasty drugs like embrel will have dramatic results but at a huge cost to both your body and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.