Skip to content
toe nail, foot fungus
angelpiece posted:
Hi there,
so i have what i think is athletes foot or some kind of toe nail infection or fungus, it started off as one white large spot on the nails of each big toe, i went to the pharmacist and they gave me fenticonazole nitrate spray. it doesnt really seem to be working and now ive noticed the skin on the bottom of my big toes is peeling very slightly and getting VERY dirty some how (maybe its the actual fungus?) but whats weird is that its on the big toe nails only?

now im wondering can this spread to my eye? if ive touched my foot (not the directly infected area- that im aware of) and then half an hour later, rubbed my eye can i have transferred it and can this lead to blindness or could it even travel to the brain and give me some kind of brain damage or something? im sorry if it sounds over the top but i just need to know whats the worst that could happen.

your advice is appreciated!!

ps. im going to the doctors tomorrow but they speak very little english here so id like to have some kind of guidance.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.