Skip to content
Blood Blisters on Arms
schatzebaar posted:
Good Morning!

What is on both of my arms from elbows to wrists are not really blisters, per se. It looks like little spots of blood that has raised to the top of my skin. No blisters to pop. I have a history a thin skin (it tears easily), but that is not what these are from. I can't find anything on the internet that looks like these. At first I thought it was my imagination, but a few days ago my husband noted that it appears they are growing. Any ideas?

atti_editor responded:
Hi schatzebaar,

Do your blister-like spots look anything like one of the rashes listed in this slideshow ? It may be a good idea to have the spots looked at by your doctor or a dermatologist (especially if you feel that they are growing or getting worse) as a medical professional will hopefully be able to offer you a diagnosis and some treatment options if necessary after an examination of the spots. Please let us know how you are doing!

Best wishes,
schatzebaar replied to atti_editor's response:
Actually, my daughter did some research and we are pretty sure what is on my lower arms is solar purpura (sp?). We live in Ecuador on the coast and not far from the Equator. What's odd to me is that I used to get these when I got skin tears. But now they just 'showed' up! I am now religious with the use of sunscreen, especially on my lower arms. Thanks for your assistance.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.