Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Blood Blisters on Arms
    schatzebaar posted:
    Good Morning!

What is on both of my arms from elbows to wrists are not really blisters, per se. It looks like little spots of blood that has raised to the top of my skin. No blisters to pop. I have a history a thin skin (it tears easily), but that is not what these are from. I can't find anything on the internet that looks like these. At first I thought it was my imagination, but a few days ago my husband noted that it appears they are growing. Any ideas?

Thanks.

atti_editor responded:
    Hi schatzebaar,

Do your blister-like spots look anything like one of the rashes listed in this slideshow ? It may be a good idea to have the spots looked at by your doctor or a dermatologist (especially if you feel that they are growing or getting worse) as a medical professional will hopefully be able to offer you a diagnosis and some treatment options if necessary after an examination of the spots. Please let us know how you are doing!

Best wishes,
    Atti

schatzebaar replied to atti_editor's response:
    Actually, my daughter did some research and we are pretty sure what is on my lower arms is solar purpura (sp?). We live in Ecuador on the coast and not far from the Equator. What's odd to me is that I used to get these when I got skin tears. But now they just 'showed' up! I am now religious with the use of sunscreen, especially on my lower arms. Thanks for your assistance.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Tea Tree Oil helps
    I got have a keloid scar from the chickenpox on my chest. I 've had this scar for 26 years and have tried many things from silcone sheets ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.