Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tiny bump on arm near elbow
azilkie posted:
I found a small bump (~3mm) that had a tiny white part sticking out, almost like a scab on my arm near my elbow about 4 weeks ago. I started picking at it (even though I know I shouldn't) and after a couple weeks I finally picked the white part off and other than the bump, it seemed to be gone. About a week later I noticed that the white part had returned and I continued to pick. So it got to a point where I was bored and determined to get this white scab that I couldn't seem to pick off, off of my skin. I took tweezers and started to pick at it and I got about half of it off when it started bleeding and I couldn't see some of the white part anymore. I tried squeezing it and the white part would stick out and it slowly started sliding out. I kept squeezing and eventually this thing that was about .5 cm long came out of my arm & the tip was thin and white, the middle was clear on the outside but black on the inside, and then the bottom part that was in my arm was all bloody. I took some pictures too. Now the bump on my arm is completely gone, just a bloody scab remains.

I told my mom all of this and she's kind of a worry wart so she wanted me to check it out. I suspect it's nothing so if anyone has any ideas can you let me know?

atti_editor responded:
Hi azilkie,

I'm not sure what this could be, I think that your mom is right -- it's better to have it looked at just in case it needs some sort of medical attention and to make sure that it won't come back. Please let us know what you find!

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.