Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Itchy bumps on shoulder
An_258213 posted:
About 11months ago I got what I thought was a bug bite on my shoulder & I scratched it a few times. It turned into a cluster of itchy bumps with a pink area surrounding it. The bumps fill with a watery fluid and there are about 10-15 on there. After it dried up, healed and went completely away (which took 2 weeks+ total) it came back a month or two later. In the exact SAME spot. Now 11months later I have this same condition and its been reoccuring 7x now in the last year. Please help! What is this and why isnt it ANYWHERE else? It doesnt hurt, just itches like crazy and burns if the blisters pop.

atti_editor responded:
Do you think that you could be having a reaction to something you touched? Here is a slideshow about common adult skin problems. Rashes from plants become intensely itchy and develop blisters usually 12-72 hours after exposure. The rash usually lasts up to 2 weeks. It is strange that this rash would be a recurring thing -- is there any chance you are having repeated exposure? There are a number of other things that can cause a blister-like rash. The next time that this happens, it may be a good idea to make an appointment with your doctor or a dermatologist for an exam and hopefully a diagnosis. Please let us know how you are doing!

ndaleshire2014 replied to atti_editor's response:
I have a doctors appt this week and will update this. The cluster of bumps spread out larger into a 2nd cluster right beside it after I was sweating and in direct hear and sunlight. Also I got only one blister bump on my right arm that itched and I popped. It went away immediately. Then just 3 days ago one formed in my bikini ate hair line. It's another cluster and formed again in a sweaty Are a after the gym. I'm seeing my gyno to test for a possible type of herpes

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

psoriasis tips
I have put up with psoriasis for decades. Nasty drugs like embrel will have dramatic results but at a huge cost to both your body and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.