Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Red spots on neck, back and chest, not itchy or painful
jeboss posted:
My husband has been getting these red spots on his neck, back and chest for a long time (over 1 year). At first they used to only appear on the neck, but have lately been spreading to chest and back. he says they are not itchy or painful. In fact he wouldn't even notice them unless he looks in the mirror. They will usually appear every week or every other week, stay for a few days and then disappear on their own. We have been to 2 different dermatologists in the past and they just said it's dermatitis. They have given him steroid cream and when we apply the cream the red spots are usually gone in 2 days, but they come back again. I have tried to research online and so far the only candidates that I found are chronic hives (Cholinergic Urticaria) or maybe Contact dermatitis? Any ideas or remedies? Thanks in advance.

pokerplayer responded:
Hi, I read about and saw your husbands spots,
and they reminded me of what my brother has. He was told he had an overgrowth of yeast. I hope this helps.
jeboss replied to pokerplayer's response:
Hi, thanks for your comment. I think I agree with you from all my research that my husband also has a yeast overgrowth or seborrhoeic dermatitis. Has your brother managed to get rid of it somehow? We will try to get rid of it by detoxing the body and switching to a healthy clean eating plan as this is what I read on multiple websites.
pokerplayer replied to jeboss's response:
Hi, you know what I do not see my brother as he lives out of state...I do know that the sun is not a good thing for this. Has your husband been to a dermatolagist (spell?) They will know what to do for him.
jeboss replied to pokerplayer's response:
yeah he has been to like 3 different dermatologists hehe. they all just said it was dermatitis, but didn't really explain much more. they just give creams which I think are a temporary solution that just masks the problem, so now he is trying to beat it with clean diet and lifestyle. lets see how it goes

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Cure/Help for Perioral Dermatitis
I have had Perioral Dermatitis since Feb 13, 2014. For four months I have been going crazy trying to manage it and make it go away. I've ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.