Skip to content
Red spots on neck, back and chest, not itchy or painful
jeboss posted:
Hi,
My husband has been getting these red spots on his neck, back and chest for a long time (over 1 year). At first they used to only appear on the neck, but have lately been spreading to chest and back. he says they are not itchy or painful. In fact he wouldn't even notice them unless he looks in the mirror. They will usually appear every week or every other week, stay for a few days and then disappear on their own. We have been to 2 different dermatologists in the past and they just said it's dermatitis. They have given him steroid cream and when we apply the cream the red spots are usually gone in 2 days, but they come back again. I have tried to research online and so far the only candidates that I found are chronic hives (Cholinergic Urticaria) or maybe Contact dermatitis? Any ideas or remedies? Thanks in advance.

pokerplayer responded:
Hi, I read about and saw your husbands rash..red spots,
and they reminded me of what my brother has. He was told he had an overgrowth of yeast. I hope this helps.

jeboss replied to pokerplayer's response:
Hi, thanks for your comment. I think I agree with you from all my research that my husband also has a yeast overgrowth or seborrhoeic dermatitis. Has your brother managed to get rid of it somehow? We will try to get rid of it by detoxing the body and switching to a healthy clean eating plan as this is what I read on multiple websites.

pokerplayer replied to jeboss's response:
Hi, you know what I do not see my brother as he lives out of state...I do know that the sun is not a good thing for this. Has your husband been to a dermatolagist (spell?) They will know what to do for him.

jeboss replied to pokerplayer's response:
yeah he has been to like 3 different dermatologists hehe. they all just said it was dermatitis, but didn't really explain much more. they just give creams which I think are a temporary solution that just masks the problem, so now he is trying to beat it with clean diet and lifestyle. lets see how it goes

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

WHAT DO U DO WHEN THE CHILDRENS SERVERE ECEMA
I HAVE TWO GRANDCHILDRENS WITH EXTREME ECZEMA. THE GIRL CRY &SCRATCH ,THE BOY IS A 8 MOS AND HE SCRATCH TILL HE BLEED I PUT THE CREAM ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.