Skip to content
tiny blood blisters
pokerplayer posted:
My husband has little blood blisters on his back and torso. I mean tiny, like the tip of a pencil. One broke while he was in bed, and bled quite a bit...what could these be from. Their not painful or itchy.
He is 60 years young!

Thank You

atti_editor responded:
Hi pokerplayer,

It's possible that the spots on your husband's back are petechiae -- tiny, flat, red or purple spots in the skin. It would be best that he see a doctor or dermatologist to determine what is causing these blood blisters (and to make sure that this is not something serious that needs immediate attention) and to get proper treatment. Please let us know how he is doing!

pokerplayer replied to atti_editor's response:
Thank you, he has an appoint. for a physical next week!

cjolly31 replied to atti_editor's response:
I have similar tiny blood blisters all over my body.. Been to the ER twice & they just send me home with an antibiotic I'm frustrated since the antibiotic minimize the symptoms however within a few days of finishing the medicine, it's back again... 1doctor said it could be staph yet it's not going away... An interim I went to have a pap & was diagnosed with HPV along with a yeast infection... Amongst all this I had a colonoscopy bc of the digestive symptoms I was having.. Diagnosed multiple ulcers & erosive gastritis ... Could this be an autoimmune disease ???? Help Btw I had the staph b4 any procedures...

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.