Skip to content
Facial oil/skin flakes
thejackal85 posted:
This seems like it's hereditary in my family but it's only on my face. This doesn't happen on my arms, legs, etc, just on my face.

Throughout the day, an abnormal amount of oil will accumulate on my face. I do not work outside and I do not do manual labor, it will just naturally accumulate on my face, nose, crevices of my nose, back of the ears, etc. At the end of the day, I can rub my forehead and the oil just comes off in a lubricant texture, it's odd.

I wash my face everyday and have tried various products because of this with no avail (most of them were tea based). My face would stay clean and smooth for half a day and then oil will begin to accumulate again. I am a man in my late 20s, I have watched what I eat, I have gone without fatty things for about two months, I noticed zero change. It used to be like this even when I was in my teens, but not this bad.

Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.