Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Best option to lighen scar on face.
onatorrent posted:
This might sound funny but when it happened I have a really bad feeling about it. I have a handle bar mustache and my friend thought it might be a faster way to form the loop in the handlebar using a curling iron. Well I told her to PLEASE make sure to put a comb between my face and the curling iron and the right side she did just fine. It wasn't the same for the left side as while she held the curling iron with my whiskers wound up in it I hurt the clink of the comb hit the floor and before I knew it the iron touched my cheek and now that it has healed I have a red scar. What would you suggest I use to lighten or even get rid of this type of scar?

Trust me, I will never let any one to that to me again and from now on I will stick to my tried and true hard mustache wax and blow dryer! I will forever be fearful of curling irons from now on.

atti_editor responded:
Ouch! Getting burned by a curling iron is definitely not a fun experience. Here is some information on reducing scars and what works and what doesn't. Please let us know what you find that works!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Bedbug ProblemsExpert
Dear Readers, Bedbugs are making a comeback in the U.S. They had all but disappeared through the 1970's and 1990's. Recently they have ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.