Skip to content
Eucerin Rash
grannahanna posted:
Thank you ladies for everyone who too time to post about their rash and reacation to Eucerin. I went to the doctor today for the second time and could not afford to but had to do something to figure out what was causing red burning itchy bumps. Last week when at my first appointment my doctor gave me a steroid cream and shot. It did not help at all. Today I was very frustrated but in my visit she mentioned that Eucerin has lanolin in it when I told her that was what I was using to keep my skin moisturized. She said to stop using it. When I got home I decided to google information about Eucerin. Eucerin should be taken off the market. I have never had any alergic reaction to anything. At the very least it should have a warning label on it or possible side effects that say if you develop a rash while using this product. I am very relieved to have figured out what was causing this rash. I hope this post will help someone else. I will definitely be following up with my doctor to let them know about Eucerin.

grandmamontoya responded:
I just started using Eucerin lotion and developed a really bad red bumpy rash on my arms and legs. When I went to the doctor they treated me for six days of a high dose of steroids for six days and said it would clear up it has not. Not thinking it was the lotion I used it again and my hands and arms and legs are even worse than before. I know this rash came from Eucerin but my doctor wants me to go back to go through a series of patch tests. I have taken pictures and want to submit then to the company because this has been over a month that I have been affected by this rash and I am so frustrated by it as I have a job that deals directly with the public as well. Some people ask me if I have chicken pox, ebola or some sort of a disease. I too have never had an allergic reaction to anything in my life. I changed my lotion thinking that Eucerin had been around such a long time that it was safe but it is not. I haven't even been washing with soap and have not changed anything else at home so I know it has to be the lotion. The one dermatologist I saw said it is a contact rash and was not anything I ate.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.