Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Boils!!
lucymarie32 posted:
Okay so about a month and a half ago I got a painful boil in my buttocks. It was very painful, I could barely walk but after it drained I felt much better. A day after it started draining I got a boil in my belly and one in my private area. The buttock and belly one were pretty big and awful. After that, I started getting pimples full of pus in my belly, my buttocks and privates, they were painful but bearable. Now, I have two boils in my buttocks and I can barely walk. They're leaving my scars and dark spots and I honestly don't know what to do they won't go away. I clean them, keep them in bandaids, I use ointment, I'm so desperate can someone help me?

atti_editor responded:
Hi lucymarie32,

Have you spoken with your doctor about these boils? He/She will be best able to determine what may be causing them and provide you with some treatment options. This article on boils has some signs for when it may be time to see a doctor as well as some home treatment options to consider. Please let us know how you are doing!

Mohiba K Tareen, MD replied to atti_editor's response:
Dear Lucymarie,

I agree with the editor's excellent article. One simple step that helps reduce the frequency of boils is to wash bacterial laden areas with antibiotic wash (such as hibiclens or benzoyl peroxide, or even diluted vinegar and water). These areas include under the armpits, breast, and groin. This step can significantly decrease bacterial colonization leading to less boils!
Dr. Mohiba Tareen
Tareen Dermatology, Roseville, Minn
Castle Connoly's America's Top Cosmetic Dermatologists
Adjunct Assistant Professor Univ of MN Dept of Dermatology
www.TareenDermatology.com

adagio315 responded:
May be time to take yourself to the doctor. Tests for strep and staph. Your body is fighting something off. Would be good to check.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Avoid drinking margaritas in the sun!Expert
One of the most common things that we see in the office in the summer and after winter vacations are burns from people having lime juice ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.