Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
TB Skin Test what is positive and what is negitave
hkharp posted:
My daughter was 14 and had TB done 2 years ago for school for Childhood Edu. it was negative and this year she had the TB again and it was red not swallowen and no bumps not itchy and does it mean she has TB or what does it mean. I know she get it look at today but to look at the pictures I can't tell specially if the pictures have red circle i can different tell from the others. And what happens because I know I don't I had mine a year ago for the school. If she does how can we tell where she got it from and how long does it take to transform into your body

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
Dear hkhapr

Swelling (or "induration") is the predominant sign looked at by a doctor or nurse in reading a TB test. Please do not worry if your daughter's is a bit red as this may indicate a simple injection site reaction and not a positive TB exposure.

I hope that helps
Dr. Mohiba Tareen
Tareen Dermatology, Roseville, Minn
Castle Connoly's America's Top Cosmetic Dermatologists
Adjunct Assistant Professor Univ of MN Dept of Dermatology
www.TareenDermatology.com

hkharp replied to Mohiba K Tareen, MD's response:
Thank you very much. She said today it was fine. Now a days you never know.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

I THINK I HAVE FOUND A CURE
PEOPLE READ MY RESPONSE CALLED "I HAVE FOUND A CURE" it is an actual description of how, not a link to some pay site it cured it for ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.