Skip to content
Bruising and purple marks on hands
mell1957 posted:
I have dry skin and the tops of my arms and hands suffer the most. I have blood spots all over my arms and the tops of my hands. Blood Spots? Thats what i call them. If i scratch my skin or bump against something a reddish purple spot shows up and doesnt go away for days. Anyone else suffer from this?

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi there, Please see your doctor for help if you have unexpected bruising and red marks. Do read more about bruises by using the WebMD search engine or try the Symptom Checker tool to pull up articles that may be helpful to you. - Annie

moorparkmom responded:
I have the same problem. After much research, I came across an article about Black Currant Oil. I have been taking it now for almost 2 years. While I still bruise if I get bumped or scratched on my arms, it is so much better--bruises are smaller and do not last as long. I order the Black Currant Oil from online vitamin dealers and take one 1000 mg cap daily. Took a few weeks to see that it was working but I am a believer and will not give it up. Good luck!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.