Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Red bumps on arms and legs
jakedanianddamian posted:
Ever since I was 16 (I am now 22) I have had these non-itchy red bumps on my upper arms and on my thighs. They do not bother me at all except for the way they look. There are alot of them, red, and they have gotten worse in the past year. Is there anyone who knows that this might be and what I can do to get rid of it. It makes me very self conscious when I wear short sleaves or tank tops and shorts. Thanks!

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi there, It's not possible to say what the red bumps are but if they have been there for a long time and they bother you please see a dermatologist for help to see what can be done. Before your doctor's visit you may want to use the WebMD search engine with bumpy skin as the keywords to read articles that may be relevant to you. - Annie

mommy21031 responded:
You should do some research on a skin condition called Keratosis Pilaris. It is a skin condition that causes red bumps on the legs and on the arms. I believe it is also a genetic condition. There are moisturizers that help, but there is no cure for it.

Kalmister responded:
I am 23 and have had the same condition with the small red bumps on the back of my arms and my thighs since i was about 5 or 6. It is related to eczema, it is severely dry skin, and I have only found one thing that seems to make this go away. The Oil of Olay body lotion for severe dry skin. I forgot the actual name of it but it is in a purple bottle, and costs about $4 or $5. You can find it at CVS pharmacy, Walmart, Walgreens, or Rite Aide Use it about 3 times a day and every time you get out of the shower. Just make sure you keep applying the lotion or it will come back.

Kalmister responded:
The name of the lotion I referred to earlier is the OIL OF OLAY BODY QUENCH. It smells wonderful too. Hope this helps

janette_question responded:
I have bumps mostly in my arm, they sometimes look red and sometimes brown. Sometimes they are itchy. I dont have that many in my legs. Is Golden Bond lotion good to use. Sometimes my hold upper arm turns red when its hot and i am hot. Sometimes it goes down to below my elbow.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.