Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Help With Keloids
    nenamac23 posted:
    I'm 26yr. I have keloid skin. I have 5 keloids looking to be removed ASAP. They have beening getting worst, and thou I know its no actually cure for them I'm looking for something other then over the counter treatments to help with the pain itching and just discomfort I've been dealing with. One on each ear from piercings. Two from chicken pocks one chest other shoulder. [chest length of credit card width about two inchs // shoulder size of quarter> One on left arm from tattoo. Chest and arm have had surgery done three times. Looking to have final removal. I do understand they may come back but I'm hoping now that I'm older, working and can afford the keep up on the treatment to keep the keloid gone or at least low so its not causing me problems like now! PLEASE HELP!!
    Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi there,

    As you know from experience that keloid scars or raised scar tissue can be hard to treat and they can re-occur as well. My suggestion is to consult with a dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is experienced with this type of scarring to see what is possible for you. Read more about keloids by using the WebMD search engine.

    - Annie
    Alfae responded:
    Hi, I just want to add that I'm sorry to hear about your keloids. My brother had some removed last year with laser surgery. He had a speedy recovery and they have not returned even though he was told it was hereditary prone. So there is hope. Get better soon!

    Cristy2222 responded:
    Hi there, I too have had a few keloids. Some have gotten better with time with no treatment but a couple others required treatment from my dermatologist. I had them injected with Kenalog (steroid), it took about 3 injections and they were much better. It was also alot cheaper than surgical removal. The only contraindication is possible thinning of the skin at injection sites.
    critteek responded:
    I'm 39yr old. I'm also keloid tendency. You cannot remove keloid through surgery. 99% of the time they will come back. I've tried everything. The only thing that worked for me so far is Cordran Tape. The steroid shots were too painful. I have one on my chest and two on each shoulder. The steroid shots makes it go down but you need like 6 sessions where you'll get injected w// steroid in multiple areas of the keloid. The Cordran Tape if you use it like it tells you works just as well (I think) as the shots minus the pain. Stop the surgery!!!!
    chantd55 responded:
    Sorry to hear that ive had keloids i was considering sugerey, as i had them for nearly 20 yrs I used the black keloid paste which flatten them and helped give me a loada confidence, heres the site , happen to pass this on to help you as i know what its like
    Franchise3 replied to critteek's response:
    what exactly does the tape do
    Franchise3 replied to chantd55's response:
    but does it really work....

    Featuring Experts

    Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

    Helpful Tips

    New to Acne or is it even acne?
    I'm 19 years old. I have never had acne a day in my life. ever. ever ever ever ever. In the past month or less, I have developed small ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.