Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Laser Hair Removal gone wrong Help
hopecoleman posted:
I am african american and received laser hair removal on Thursday. Long story short...it burned my neck and part of my face by my lips...the areas are dark and now my skin is peeling. What can I do to stop the peeling? The peeling is leaving those area pick/exposing my skin? Will the dark spots go away and how long will it take to heal or my skin to grow back? I am getting married on March 28 and I am feeling depressed... Help

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi hopecoleman, Please contact a doctor, either at the clinic you went to or your family doctor for help. Dark skin tones can be burned by lasers used for hair removal as the lasers target the pigment in the skin as well as the hair. I would contact a doctor as soon as possible to minimize any possibility of scarring or depigmentation. - Annie

hopecoleman responded:
He gave me some cream - silver - something for the burn - but will that help to not cause scaring? I have an appt on Friday to follow-up. I have been using the cream and my skin where it was burned is peeling off - is this a good sign. I don't want any scaring or marks - what else can I put on my face?

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Hopecoleman, I don't know how you will heal. I would encourage you to document your skin healing through photographs and consult with your doctor. What kind of doctor are you seeing? - Annie

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

noseeums - no-see-ums
I have suffered with the noseeums. DEET works and there is some information about prevention at www.http://noseeums.org/ More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.