Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
C Section and Pregnancy scars
Susan Evans, MD posted:
Frequently, I am asked in my practice what can I do about c section or pregnancy scars (stretch marks).
Scarring results from a either a tear in the dermis (stretch marks) or an overgrowth of Collagen with raised scars (keloids ).
There is really no way to prevent scars completely. if you are genetically predisposed to scar formation ,you proably will have a scar .Once a keloid scar develops, intervene early(before the scar is raised and thickened) and massage your scar frequently with a vitamin e based moisturizer , this helps break down additional collagen build-up.
During pregnancy remain well hydrated in order to keep the dermis healthy and less susceptible to tearing, also moisturize with a vitamin E based Moisturizer.

Please feel free to ask questions and share your thoughts..
Best,
Dr Susan Evans

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

psoriasis tips
I have put up with psoriasis for decades. Nasty drugs like embrel will have dramatic results but at a huge cost to both your body and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.