Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

CROC/ALLIGATOR SKIN
    STTAAR posted:
    I have had what looks like crocodile pattern (small & large square) on my legs for about 2-3 years. It looks like deep lines but they feel smooth like they have another layer of skin on top.

Last year it started appearing on my arms by my shoulders. I drank water like crazy and the arms got smoother but the legs are still the same. I have continued to drink water. I have used St. Ives to exfoliate my legs every week and have used cheap one dollar lotions and expensive 50 dollar face and body creams and lotions. I have also been taking multi-vitamins to see if it might be a vitamin deficiency

I am at the end of my rope and hope to shed some light on this type of dry skin, if that is what it really is.

peyton2011 responded:
    You may want to try a products that contain glycolic or salicylic acids. Glytone has a good one that's around $35.00. I think it's call "retexturizing lotion". Be careful - it's has a pretty high acid % - don't use after you shave.

STTAAR replied to peyton2011's response:
    Thank You Pyton

I will look for Glytone and give it a try.

undefined responded:
    what is that

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

New to Acne or is it even acne?
    I'm 19 years old. I have never had acne a day in my life. ever. ever ever ever ever. In the past month or less, I have developed small ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.