Skip to content
Oil of Oregano
nichole421 posted:
I have had this crazy itching syndrome too, for about 3 weeks for me. I have dogs, and have been treating them with sulfur, but the problem persists. Here today, gone tomorrow, and back again on one dog. The Vet was useless, Rx was an antibiotic pill...no good. I discovered Oil of Oregano for me. It does burn, but it can be diluted with baby or olive oil. I have been itching like crazy for 2 weeks, but the O of O seems to be working within 1 day. Slather it generously after a bath. My areas are the belt and panty area, also the bra and back, near neck. Nothing on my arms, legs, feet or hands or face. Belt area and buttocks were the worst. I cannot bathe the dogs every day so our treatments have to catch up. Seems that the sulfur does work on the dogs; it cured my big dog in 1 week, my Chihuahua sleeps w/ me so it might be re infesting. Scabies? Dumb vet never said . Pain in the" blank", but try laundering clothes and bedding at the same time, then drying at high heat. PS I tried every anti itch cream there is, and no good. Forget Benedryl. Try the oil of oregano, at a health food store...oh, btw, it is expensive.( Do not use it on the dog) Good luck.
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Avoid drinking margaritas in the sun!Expert
One of the most common things that we see in the office in the summer and after winter vacations are burns from people having lime juice ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.