Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cure/Help for Perioral Dermatitis
pattiannem posted:
I have had Perioral Dermatitis since Feb 13, 2014. For four months I have been going crazy trying to manage it and make it go away. I've been on a strict diet of no sugar, no gluten and no dairy for 4 months!! 2 1/2 weeks ago, my nephew's wife strongly encouraged me to try Phillip's Colon Care Probiotics. I was already using a very expensive probiotic but I checked it out, and my expensive one didn't include these three strains of probiotic that are in the Colon Care product: Lactobacillus Gasseri, Bifidobacterium Bifidum, and Bifidobacterium Longum. So I decided I had nothing to lose and bought another type of probiotic that had much stronger doses of those three probiotics and have been taking a double dose for over two weeks. My skin has stopped breaking out and I am clear!! I knew it was working after 3 days because my cravings for bad carbs and sugar completely went away! For anyone suffering from this nightmare, please consider trying this. It may take longer than 3 weeks, but just stick with it. If you notice your cravings going away, be encouraged.... it means it is working! Best of luck to everyone who suffers with this terrible rash!!
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.