Skip to content
Two Hours Of Missing Time (And I'm Not Talking About Aliens)
aliycat posted:
When I was Sixteen years old (Now I'm almost thirty) I was sitting in my basement watching t.v when I looked at the clock, it was 1:00PM, in the time it took for me to blink my eyes, it was 3:00PM, I don't remember ANYTHING!! I wasn't laying on the floor or tired at all. since then I've been suffering from frequent "sleep paralysis",and "Hallucinations" (during said paralysis) Sadly it took me until just recently to talk to my doc. about it (I was a little afraid of what she might think) She said that I might be having "AURAS" do to epilepsy, which makes sense because epilepsy runs in my family. But I always thought that when someone has a seizure you would thrash around, and loss min. of time not hours. Is it really possible to loss that much time? please help me

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear aliycat,

This article on Epilepsy does mention "staring off into space." I hope your doctor has referred you to a neurologist for further evaluation so you can get some answers.

Yours in health,

Byroney

aliycat replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you Byroney I'm happy that you replied. I am going to ask my doc. about a visiting a neurologist.

aliycat

TannyD responded:
This happened to me this morning I remember getting up before my alarm clock went off at 7:30am and then I wandered into my Mum's room and looked at her alarm clock and it said 9:36am. I was supposed to be walking through the rececption doors at the place went my Maths course is held. It's like the time in between either didn't exit or got suck ing into a black hole. I have no idea what happened. Is something bad happening to me and my brain? I worried and scared, especially after the scare I gave my friend and them telling me that they had to help me as I went completely stiff then jerking on Monday night. Are these two things connected the incident with my friend and the missing time this morning?

Missingtime responded:
Ailycat, I do understand your frustration, confusion and fear because I recently experienced a similar thing. About a week ago I fell asleep on the couch in the evening, when I do that my wife just puts a blanket on me because if she wakes me I have a lot of trouble going back to sleep. Well for some reason I woke up about 2:10 am sat up and realized I had a really bad Crick in my neck. Rubbed my neck, got up to use the bathroom, I glanced over at the oven clock and it said 2:15am. When I got done in there I went to the kitchen to grab a mountain dew, on the way back to the couch again I looked over at the oven to check the time which is a habit of mine and it was 2:23. I went over put my drink down on the floor next to me and sat down. I reached down and grabbed the dew and took a drink and noticed it was not very cold, I rubbed my neck and noticed that the crick was not nearly as bad as it was and thought that to be strange since when it rarely happens it last a long time. If you have ever had one you know what i mean. I grabbed the mous of my laptop which is on the coffee table 24/7 and it popped out of sleep mode. I looked down at the time, again a habit and noticed it said 4:30 can't remember the exact time but right in that area give or take a minute or two.I was like what the heck that oven clock must be messed up and leaned back in the couch and looked over at the clock and the time matched my computer. Then I got freaked out, the drink warming up, the Crick in my neck pretty much gone and I look to my right and notice the back door is unlocked which is about 2 foot from the couch. My 2 dogs are sound asleep on the back of the couch, they always sleep near me. I look back at the door and look outside and notcie the motion light on down at the barn about 400 yards away which is very unusual because of the way it is set up down there. Now is when the confusion kicks in and nervousness. First thing that hits my mind is my wife and daughter, I run into my daughters room and she is not there I turn and run to our room and there she is asleep in the bed with my wife. So now I am happy the are fine but still freaked out as to how it got from 2:23 to 4 something in a blink of an eye. It was seamless no hickups nothing it was instant. I have no history of sleeping disorders, epliepsy or any other head trauma. Now I find myself thinking of it everyday wondering what happen to my 2 hours. I just wanted to let you know you are not alone and I know how you feel about saying anything to anyone. Its just so very strange.

Missingtime replied to TannyD's response:
Tanny I am not a doctor but i would think they are connected and ought to go see the doctor as soon as possible. From what I have read that sounds like Epilepsy of some kind. Good luck to you and hope everything works out good.

Helpful Tips

I love to sleep
I could sleep all day, but I work five jobs. I tried myself right out. my baby also loves to sleep. she let me sleep ad give me three to ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center