Skip to content
Child wakes up over and over, no recollection
chipchippy posted:
Hello! I'm trying to figure out if there is a sleep disorder associated with my son's inability to sleep soundly. He will wake up multiple times each night, usually upset, but not panicked. He'll go back to sleep, only to start calling for me again 20 or 30 minutes later and have no idea he was yelling for me. I'll ask him what's wrong, and he'll tell me nothing is wrong, and he wasn't calling me. This can go on for 3 or 4 hours.
I don't believe it is night terrors based on the descriptions I've read about the symptoms.
The next day, he will have absolutely no recollection of waking up during the night. But I sure do. I'm exhausted.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear chipchippy.

Hello and welcome. We do have an article on Sleep Disorders in Children that may be helpful to you. However, since you say this is disturbing your sleep and his sleep, I would encourage you to talk to your son's doctor about it so you can find a solution.

Maybe some of our other parents can share their experiences with you, too.

Best wishes for better sleep,

Byroney
I haven't failed. I've found 10,000 ways that won't work. -Benjamin Franklin

Helpful Tips

free sampler of somnapure
I ordered this, Then discovered the auto order, of which I did not want to happen So I called (PeekLife.com) them to confirm that I didn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center