Skip to content
Waking during the night several
tikobird posted:
I have a problem with staying asleep. I take something for bipolar condition which helps me fall asleep but I wake up 2-3 times a night and can't get back to sleep for a while. The last time I wake up it's really too early. It's about 5-6 and by 6:30-7:00 I'm up and dragging like a zombie. Does anyone sleep like this? Is there help for this problem?

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear tikobird,

Hello and welcome--I'm sorry to hear about your problems with staying asleep. You may want to check with your doctor or pharmacist and find out if your medication could be causing this sleep pattern. If so, there may be options for you to take it at a different time, etc. or perhaps a different medication.

Again, your doctor should be able to help you with this. You may also consider if you want to ask for a referral to a sleep disorders expert.

This older thread on Difficulty Staying Asleep may be of interest. It has a response from our former Health Expert, Dr. Husain.

Write back and let us know how you're doing,

Byroney
I haven't failed. I've found 10,000 ways that won't work. -Benjamin Franklin

Helpful Tips

free sampler of somnapure
I ordered this, Then discovered the auto order, of which I did not want to happen So I called (PeekLife.com) them to confirm that I didn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center