Skip to content
Can not adjust sleep pattern from east to west coast
An_207028 posted:
I live on the east coast but work on the west, traveling and living on a 4 weeks west 5 days home [east> schedule. the problem is even after living with this schedule for 2 years I still can't seem to adjust my sleep pattern to west coast time so I continue to fall asleep by 8pm and wake up at 2 or 3 am. is there a way to overcome this, other than staying on the east coast?

pixe5 responded:
Hi Anon,

Melatonin might help. It is the body's natural sleep regulator. You can get it from a health food stores or a drug store.

pixe5 replied to pixe5's response:
I forgot to mention that a good melatonin supplement is Source Naturals sublingual tablets. They dissolve under the tongue and is absorbed by the blood vessels in the mouth, so it gets into your system a lot faster than a tablet that is swallowed.

Good luck!

Helpful Tips

i beat it 50 and i'm sleeping again
well here it is . go to the sporting goods store get a mouth protector, follow instructions, for fitting . now while the plastic is still ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center