Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier
WebMD

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started
My Medicine
WebMD

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion
    WebMD

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community
    WebMD

    Community

    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up

Trouble Sleeping
avatar
BeautifulBuffalo posted:
My Dr. put me on Serequel to help me sleep. If I don't take it I don't sleep all night long. Before I started the medicine, I would stay awake for 36 hours, work full time then crash. This was a constant cycle. When I started the medication I slept all night. Only problem is the medicine made me gain 60lbs. I'm not gaining anymore weight as we have dropped the dose, but if I don't take it I don't sleep.

When I do sleep my husband says that I'm constantly twitching, moving, kicking, thrashing. (my husband says it's time to get separate beds as he is getting beat up he says). I would say 90% of the time I don't remember any dreams all night long, but my husband says I mumble up a storm. The other 10% of my dreams that I remember are of my violent past as a child, but 41 years ago.

I need to get rid of this weight as I have a bad left ventricule making my heart beat to fast, but haven't found any other med. that helped me sleep.

Any ideas
BB
Reply
 
avatar
Pixe5 responded:
Hi BB,

The serequel may be giving you sleep, but it is not good sleep!! Talk to your doc about it. You might want to get a sleep study done because it sounds like you have more going on than just insomia.


Helpful Tips

Get the right sleep specialist and the right CPAP gear
I was diagnosed with moderate obstructive sleep apnea in 1995. My symptoms were morning headaches, weakness in the legs, irritability, ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center