Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Answering phone while asleep!
LgGODFATHER posted:
i went to my pain management doctors yesterday and got hit with a brickwall ! 1 of the lady's called me the day before i do not remember her calling at all! This is the truth but on my phone records on computer i talked to her for 10 minutes and then they called back like 20 minutes later and it shows i talked again for 2 minutes ! i have night terrors and had like 2and a half hours sleep the morning before and 3 hours sleep the day after that ! my docter head of clinic does not belive i was sleeping and talked that long and is taking me off my med's slowly thinking it is that are pissed that i was really rude to the young lady ;from what i got form him i was talkins sexual things ! what can i do i would never desrespect somebody that has not been really rude to me! Also i am smart enuf to understand that they are the people that have givin me alot of my life back i destroyed my ankle in a ladder accident! this has been told to me bye friends in the past! i will sound fully awkae on phone when they call and never remember talking to them but know i'm going to be back in my chair again not being able to hardly do anything because of something i did while asleep! I'm 42 and single and have a big yard to take care of! i would never do something of this nature awke and i have never been told i sleep walk i just answer pohone and talk and do not remember when sleeeping,and now i'm screwed!PLEASE i need help with this anything i can download about this to give him it hurt so bad the Only person i have really ever opened up to and i get hit out of the blue with this ; Still in a daze from it ! HELP PLEASE and GOD BLESS,,Dave

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Dave,

Welcome to the Sleep Disorders community. I'm sorry to hear about that very unfortunate episode with your doctor's office. I hope you can get them to understand.

According to WebMD, sleepwalking occurs when a person appears to be awake and moving around but is actually asleep. They have no memory of their actions.

I encourage you to talk to your primary care physician about your experiences. If sleepwalking is caused by underlying medical conditions, for example, gastroesophageal reflux, obstructive sleep apnea, seizures, periodic leg movements, or restless legs syndrome, sleepwalking episodes should stop once the underlying medical condition is treated .

Check out those two articles I linked to above. It's a good start to learning more. Let us know if you have any more questions or if you found out anything more.

Best of luck,

~Andie
Insomnia is a gross feeder. It will nourish itself on any kind of thinking, including thinking about not thinking. ~Clifton Fadiman

Pixe5 responded:
Dave,

Are you on any sleep meds? Some of them can cause you to do things in your sleep and not remember it afterwords. I took ambien and raided my fridge every night!

I hope this helps!

Pixie

LgGODFATHER replied to Andie_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you for reading my problem and giving your idea's i will read them also sence i left this i have talked with my Mother about it.She told me that i do sleep walk and yes also i did not say but i do have sleep apnea,i was in ICU after having a stint put in my right leg.The head nurse on duty that night called in a sleep docter ,because i would stop breathing so many times in my sleep and also snored very loudy (biker friend's i would go camping with use to say they only toke me because i would keep the wild animal's awy!)the next day i was in my own room in the hospital and the sleep doc. came in and gave me a cpapa but did not have the air flow right said i needed to come do a sleep study,planning to let my primary docter know and ask for a referral to the sleep study sence i am on medacare and medikade (spelling yuk sorry) hope they can help with this my grandfather had sleep appna and my grandmoter would not sleep at night just to wake him! God Bless

LgGODFATHER replied to Pixe5's response:
No but thank you so much for a idea of the problem ! All idea's to helping this are welcome! God Bless ,,I have to figure this out and get this fixed before anything else like this happen's to me,I am have anuf with problems as it is ,when it rains it pours,Dave

Andie_WebMD_Staff replied to LgGODFATHER's response:
Hi Dave,

It must be very frightening to worry about your sleep apnea putting you back in ICU. It's definitely something you need to get under control.

I'm glad to hear you have the insurance coverage. That will help. Here's a link to some helpful information on sleep studies that you may like:

You might also ask your doctor about an apnea mouth piece that you would use when sleeping.

Hope you get that study done soon and get some relief! Best of luck!

~Andie
Insomnia is a gross feeder. It will nourish itself on any kind of thinking, including thinking about not thinking. ~Clifton Fadiman

Helpful Tips

Hypnosis App
Hello! Found this App about hypnosis. Maybe this can help someone. There are different kinds of hypnosis programs: • Removing Blockades ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center