Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sleep Vacations
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
Did you know that sleep vacations are the latest thing in hotels?

Read the following blog entry from WebMD's sleep expert, Michael Breus:

Sleep Vacations, At Home and Away

And according to this article , it's healthy to make your bed.

So tell us, do you make YOUR bed every day and how do you make your bedroom a welcoming place to sleep?

sleepingmikeawake responded:
Hi Caprice!
My daily routine is set on key points.
My wife and I make the bed together, when we get up, we have been for the past 31 years.
If she sleeps in (she's not as much a morning person as I am.)
I still make my side of the bed.
We usually get to bed at the same time but with my sleep disorder there are times that I will be last one to turn in. But the bed room routine is as most, a place for calm and sleep so the lap-tops aren't allowed.
I have to take a sleep aid at night to get past REM onset problems. and I use a CPAP at night so there is the routine of keeping the water level in the right spot and the cleaning of the face gear. (Very important) believe me.
I always make sure there is some good night blessings spoken to each other.
An intamate snuggle/hug and a good night kiss or two or three(depends how tired we are. The important thing is that we communicate our trust to each other and to our creator; for sleep is as if we leave our realm into the constructs of the mind taking on new adventures and partially in a state of a shadow of death (none dream sleep) only to wake to another day in the journey of our lives.
Good night.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to sleepingmikeawake's response:
It sounds like you and your wife have created quite a haven for yourselves when it comes to sleep and within your marriage.

Thank you for sharing your routine here, Mike.

Helpful Tips

i beat it 50 and i'm sleeping again
well here it is . go to the sporting goods store get a mouth protector, follow instructions, for fitting . now while the plastic is still ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center