Skip to content
R.E.M / nightmares and violent dreams acted out
0830sleeper posted:
my wife has kicked me out of the bed for her safety of course.
I have such violent nightmares she is afraid i may hurt her.
I can not blame her. This kind of stuff really affects the home life
I often fell like a monster although only while asleep can people really have multipule personality disorder between awake and alseep??

sleepingmikeawake responded:
There is a name for what you are describing and in another group Ithat I belong to there is a young man that is acting out his dreams as well. The brain is suppose to paralyse the muscle control center of the brain. However some persons brain do not do this and the end result is a multitude of reactions to what your dream is about. There is help for this as it appears you have experienced a tipping point of it effecting your relationship. and possibly your partners wellbeing. Please get to a Sleep clinic or Neurologist that is famillure with this aspect of sleep disorders. You're acting the dreams out and dreams can get very violent especiall if there is stress and emotional tension going on. It could be a life saver.

An_244551 responded:
I can surely sympathize with you and your wife. My boyfriend does the exact same thing. I am at the end of my rope and looking for help. He'll wake up fighting and I'm terrified to try and wake him up for fear that I will embody whatever it is he is trying to fight. It used to be easy to wake him up by just saying his name but lately he doesn't respond to just that.I feel so bad because it makes me angry but I know he is not doing this on purpose and he doesn't remember it in the morning. Please, any help you could offer would be tremendous.

Helpful Tips

I love to sleep
I could sleep all day, but I work five jobs. I tried myself right out. my baby also loves to sleep. she let me sleep ad give me three to ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center