Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HELP! I can't wake up!
shaila89 posted:
since i was little my mom has always had a hard time waking me up and now at twenty three its harder than ever. i am completely unable to wake myself up, and even when someone else wakes me up it is still near impossible for me to get up. when i do wake from someone trying to get me up, the feeling behind my eyes makes me feel impossibly tired so i close my eyes and bam, right back to sleep for another eight hours, even if i slept for eight already. I have been to my doctor, and he said i just need to wake up after seven hours every day to get my body back into routine, but that defeats the purpose because i am unable to wake myself after twelve hours, much less seven. the problem has only gotten much worse because now i work an overnight shift, ten thirty pm to seven am. i will sleep at nine, and not wake up till nine unless my boyfriend relentlessly harrasses me, which just makes me wake up more irritable than normal. when i do finally get up, my vision is blurry anyhere from ten minutes to a half hour afterwards, and most of my body aches for a little while as well. i have been diagnosed with hashimotos thyroiditis but have not taken m synthroid in a few months because it was making my problem worse, and i have been tested twice since i stopped and all my thyroid levels are normal, but my white blood cells are low. please please help me, this is ruining my life before i have a chance to live it. wt

shaila89 responded:
also, my dreams are incredibly vivid, and occasionaly predictive, but while im in a dream instead of waking up i will speak to the person waking me in the context of the dream, even after opening my eyes and staring them straight in the face.

Helpful Tips

Get a ZEO
I went to a sleep center & did 2 sleep studies. They diagnosed me with sleep apnea. I purchased a ZEO (at home PSG sleep monitor) and ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 17 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center