Skip to content
SUAD dental device reaction
An_245141 posted:
After failing with CPAP, I was fitted for a SUAD dental device for my severe sleep apnea. Amazing early results. Not tired in the mornings. My snoring ceased. Shoulders and neck weren't sore when I awakend. But, after three weeks of using the device, my tongue seems to be having a reaction. It very painful at the tip and inflamed. Maybe a little swollen. The fitting dentist suggested not using the device until the tongue recovered. I did that and now after five days of use again, my tongue is having the same problems. Any advice?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and welcome to WebMD,

Keep pursuing answers with the fitting dentist and explore whether you can get a device made of different material. I don't know much about these devices but do you use a particular cleaning solution for it and could that be part of the problem?

And while you're waiting for responses here, try also posting on our Oral Health community as the experts there may have some ideas for you.

GDAIII replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you. The SUAD company also suggested that I try different cleaning material. Now my issue is to heal my tongue so thank you very much for the referral to the Oral Health forum.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to GDAIII's response:
You're very welcome, GDAIII.

Keep us updated on how this goes; I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be interested.

Helpful Tips

take meds at some time, don't eat after 7
I meant the longer reply posted a few minutes ago to to go to donnajune2000 More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center