Restless Legs Syndrome and medications
Anon_177252 posted:
I have had restless legs since 13 years of age. However, it is now much worse. The last three nights I have not had but 8 hours of sleep in total and am frustrated and tired today. My physician has tried me on requip which worked for a time, neurontin which worked pretty good for awhile, but now neither of these meds are working. I take Cymbalta for Fibromyalgia and wondering if Cymbalta could be making restless legs worse. Need to hear from others and how you are coping with RLS and what meds you take that work. Thank you so much. Judy

123welcome responded:
Hi,Judy, Michael here from Australia.Was having these terrible feelings in my legs and arms.Doctor recommended SIFROL 125MCG,one at night 2-3 hours before bed,but the lovely lady wanted me to try something before I took the medication.It is a light stretch fabric that stretches over the leg from just below the knee to just covering the ankle,BUT NOT TIGHT.Have been using this method for five weeks.and have only had to use the medication twice,when my RLS got really bad.Hope this helps you,because I know exactly what you are going through.By the way this has fixed my arms also.I do not know how,but so glad it did.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to 123welcome's response:
Interesting, 123welcome! Thanks for stopping in here; I hope you'll stick around.

I think this post (click on this link) is intended for you.

LindainIrvington responded:
I also have RLS aand have had it for several years now. I take Neurontin for epilepsy so it was never suggested. However my neurologist did prescribe Mirapex and given about 2 weeks I started noticing much less RLS and sleep much better. At first he prescribed 1.5 mg which didn't work but then he increased it to 3.0 mg, and as I said I am doing much better.
P.S. I take the generic brand of Mirapex - Pramipexole.
Good Luck!

LindainIrvington