Skip to content
Painless fullness in head wakes me up.
Magoo856 posted:
I have an issue that just doesn't seem to fit the symptoms for anything out there. When I go to sleep, I wake about every 2 hours to a pressure feeling in my head. More at the back. Sometimes it is just pressure, sometimes there is a heartbeat sound with it, or a sort of zinging feeling consistent with heartbeat.. I wake up, then sit up for 10-30 seconds, it goes away. Repeat throughout the night. Some nights are worse than others. There is NEVER any pain associated with this. My daytime symptoms are almost nonexistent and I'm not sure if related. My right ear seems a little plugged, but not really very noticeable but is that way most of the time. And the one that concerns me more, when my heart is at an active rate, climbing stairs, etc, I primarily hear my heartbeat at the back of my head and in my ears. It's so weird. I feel so good all day right up till I have to go to sleep. I am a 55 year old woman, and a quite overweight. Other than that am in good health. I have been medicated for sinus issues and acid reflux. Didn't help. Am I alone? I am going crazy with this.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Magoo and welcome to WebMD,

While you're waiting for responses here, try also posting about this on our Ear, Nose and Throat community . Dr. Moser, the expert there, may have some thoughts for you.

Helpful Tips

Shift work sleep habits
I've been doing the same rotation for over 20 years and occasionaly have difficultly making the night today transitions. I keep my bedroom ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center