Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Central Sleep Apnea and Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
dibbits0530 posted:
New here to this Commnity, but not WEBMD. I have Central Sleep Apnea as well as Obstructive Sleep Apnea. I use a CPAP unit with a little success. I am only able to obtain from 5-5 1/2 hours of sleep waking usually with chest and gasping for air. My Liters are set to 12 and I use a humidifier. On 6/4 I will under go Septo-Plasty and Turbino-plasty. Perhaps some sinus surgery as well. I'm hoping to have some success with the surgery.

Does anyone here have any experience with Central Sleep Apnea who can shed some light here? I also suffer from a form of a daytime Apnea. i do not breathe properly at all. Just now stopped breathing and went into a kind of transient stage. I hear what is going on around me but if I'm holding something in my hand, it drops out of my hand and spills. Not sure how else explain this. Has anyone else experienced this?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Dibbits,

I'm glad you found your way here and hope that others will have some thoughts for you.

I hope you'll keep us updated on how things go for you re the surgery and beyond.

dibbits0530 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks Caprice

I also am a member of the Bipolar and Backpain Communities. I lost track awhile ago but now have access through my smart phone.

I will be staying in touch.

David

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to dibbits0530's response:
I thought I recognized your screen name, David.

Glad you found your way back here.

Helpful Tips

i beat it 50 and i'm sleeping again
well here it is . go to the sporting goods store get a mouth protector, follow instructions, for fitting . now while the plastic is still ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center