Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Do You Nap?
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
I have problems sleeping at night so tend to avoid naps no matter how tired I am, fearing they'll interfere with my night sleep. But maybe I should try napping....

The Secret (and Surprising) Power of Naps

What do you think? Do you nap and do you find it helps you?

llacey03 responded:
I am a strong believer in cat naps. I agree with a study done long ago ( think it was at Harvard ) that showed a nap of 20 - 30 mins in early afternoon allows maintaining accuracy of work. For many , work accuracy and energy fade in the afternoon but nap helps.
Note also most vehicle fatalities due to falling asleep at the wheel occur in the mid afternoon.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to llacey03's response:
Hi Llacey,

Do you manage to take those helpful cat naps on a regular basis? Very nice.

And interesting point about the vehicle fatalities.

captconcon replied to llacey03's response:
Unfortunately, due to my work I can't fit in an afternoon nap. My fatigue begins a lot earlier in the day. I feel like my eyes are glazed over and if I closed my eyes I would go right to sleep. I'm beginning to think it is more than just Sleep Apena.

Helpful Tips

SOLVED....! Gasping for air, hiatus hernia, Belching and Anxiety
I think I have finally found the answer to this issue of waking up gasping for air. I have been experiencing this for years and found the ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center