Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
cant wake in the morning!
Twisted_Rayne posted:
whats wrong with me?
im 22 and a stay at home mom. i set 4 different alarms at night and i dont hear any of them in the morning. last night i went to sleep around 2am which is normal for me but i didnt wake up until 130pm today! ive learned to turn off my alarms while sleeping. im kind of aware that after the alarms go off i go into rem sleep and stay there till i finally wake up. almost everyday i wake up from a dream. my husband gets mad at e for sleeping in so late and he has every right. like i said im a mommy and i feel horrible wasting so much of the day and missing out on time with my kids. i dont know how to fix this. im wasting my life and am a bad mother because of it. HELP ME!
my husband says its probly because i dont "Have" to get up. but even when i know something is happening in the morning like my mom coming over or a doctors appointment it makes no difference. i still sleep.
i was looking things p this morning and it sounds like its hypersomnia...but when im awake i feel fine. i dont have a lot of energy but im not compelled to take naps either. i need to figure something out. my hubby is constantly pissed off at me, my kids are stuck in their rooms all morning and everyday i feel like crap. please please help me.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Twisted and welcome!

If you have not had a physical lately, a check up with your primary care physician is in order - ASAP. I suggest you make detailed notes of your sleep patterns - including what you ate/drank and any medication.

Here is a years old discussion with many descriptions of inability to wake that sound similar to yours: I Can't Wake Up There is a post from one of the WebMD experts as well.

Please address this issue quickly - it's not not just you who is affected but also your kiddos and your marriage. Let us know what you find out!

Haylen

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
And here's a link that might give you more information as well:

WebMD Sleep Disorders Center

Hang in there mamma! I know you'll find some answers soon!

Haylen

Helpful Tips

Agreed
agreed. More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center