Skip to content
Somnapure - Possible Side Effect
Parker733 posted:
Has anyone taking Somnapure exprienced diahrea?

The product is working great as a sleep aid but I have developed a diahrea problem.

old327 responded:
Somnapure contains polyetylene glycol . Not on the web
site . But as the last ingredient in its contents on the bottle
only! Surprize! It's antifreeze!! So I wanted to let you all know
this before you choose Somnapure. This is a safe all natural
product that is non habit forming . But one that fails to list
this one little oversite in its product pitch.

Parker733 replied to old327's response:
ethylene glycol is a component of antifreeze....Polyethylene glycol is the basis of a number of laxatives and is even used in whole bowel irrigation in preparation for surgergy or a colonoscopy.It is used in many pharmaceutical products as lower-molecular-weight variants are used as solvents in oral liquids and soft capsules and solid variants are used as oitment bases, table binders and lubricants. It is also used in eye drops.

earthdancer128 responded:
One of the ingredients of Somnapure is polyethylene glycol, same as Miralax which is marketted as a laxative. It is not the same as anti-freeze or ethylene glycol but obviously is related. Does make one wonder.

purplejulia replied to earthdancer128's response:
I've been taking as prescribed for 2 days and this morning my stool is completely yellow. Is this also side effect also?

dsntrs1 responded:
OOOMMMMGGGG yes. I love the product it works great. I sleep like a baby and wake up feeling great. the down side is that i experience explosive diahrea that i can not control. Just the other day i decided to go to a early movie on sunday and lets just say i cleared the whole movie theater out. Its was ever where.... On me, the seats, the floor, the popcorn, and all over my ju ju bees...

Helpful Tips

i beat it 50 and i'm sleeping again
well here it is . go to the sporting goods store get a mouth protector, follow instructions, for fitting . now while the plastic is still ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center