I hope you'll join in and finish these sentences:

"My favorite kind of mattress is..."
"My favorite kind of pillow is..."
"I use ### pillows when sleeping..."
"My favorite kind of sheets are..."
"As I look at my bed, I always sleep on the Left/Right."

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'll start:

My favorite kind of mattress is a memory foam mattress. I have Fibromyalgia and that mattress made a big difference for me as it doesn't hurt.

My favorite kind of pillow is synthetic and nice and fluffy.

I use two pillows when sleeping (usually on my side).

My favorite kind of sheets are high thread count cotton.

I always sleep on the left, because when I lay on my side to read, it's in the direction of the lamp next to me on that side.

How about you?

butterflygarden responded:
  • My favorite kind of mattress is memory foam. My mom has one and I love it. Can't afford one of my own right now, but I am saving up.

* My favorite pillow is down. I like to be able to mold the pillow to fit my comfort level, and it is soft on my face.

* I use 1 pillow while I am sleeping. (I like to decorate with a bunch of pillows, but not to keep on the bed to sleep.)

* My favorite kind of sheets are high thread count Egyptian cotton. Must be soft and not scratchy.

* I always sleep on the left side of the bed.

Butterfly
  •  
    SoCalSuz replied to butterflygarden's response:
  • I like memory foam too. We are due for a new mattress and I'm waiting for the Labor Day sales! Nothing says celebration of the work force like a new mattress!

*firm pillow - no down.

*2 under my head, hug one

*my favorite sheets are...clean! any kind is fine as long as they are crisp and smell fresh.

*I sleep on the left unless a kid crawls in. Then I sleep on the couch.

Suz
  •  
    mhall6252 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
    My favorite mattress is a plush pillowtop.

My favorite pillow are real down and squishy.

I have three pillows - but by the time the night is over, one is usually on the floor and I'm sleeping on just one.

I sleep on my left side or my tummy. When I had to sleep on my back after some surgery, I had a hard time.

We just got some bamboo sheets and they are very cool and comfortable. High thread cotton ones are nice, too.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to butterflygarden's response:
    Hi Butterfly,

A lot of our members have tried the memory foam mattress toppers and been very happy with those. I know I wouldn't have been able to afford my own mattress without my parents' help; they're not cheap, are they?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to SoCalSuz's response:
    LOL! You have a point with that first line and the 'clean' sheets, Suz!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to mhall6252's response:
    Hey there, Mhall, it's good to 'see' you here!

Interesting about the bamboo sheets; I may have to check them out.

lostinreverie responded:
    My favorite kind of mattress is somewhat firm but somewhat soft as well.

My favorite kind of pillow is fluffy and soft. I don't like feather pillows or foam pillows, just plain regular ones.

I use 2 pillows when sleeping.

My favorite kind of sheets are non-existent. I hate sheets and never use them!

As I look at my bed, I always sleep on the left.

butterflygarden replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
    The mattresses are upwards of $1500, depending on the size and brand.

I have a topper that I bought at Target. It's a middle of the road version, and I spent $90 for it for my king bed. But, it's so much better than just the bare mattress. I have back and shoulder problems, so it makes a big difference.

Butterfly

butterflygarden replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
    I bought my daughter some bamboo sheets. I still prefer cotton, but they were lovely and soft.

Butterfly

butterflygarden replied to lostinreverie's response:
    Hi lost!

Since you don't use sheets on your bed, I have to ask what you put down to cover the mattress?

Curious to know as my son seems averse to sheets as well.

Butterfly

sarah0323 responded:
    My favorite kind of mattress is anything that will let me get some sleep. I want a temperpedic or something similar the next time we get a new mattress.

My favorite kind of pillow is just a plain cheapo pillow from walmart. B/C of allergies I usually buy a new pillow every month or so.

I use 3 pillows when sleeping. 2 under my head and I cuddle one all night.

My favoirte kind of sheets are clean high thread count cotton.

As I look at my bed, I always sleep on the right. I always sleep on my left side.

alaska_mommy responded:
    I'm not sure what kind of mattress we have...haven't yet tried the memory foam kind. I like my mattress somewhat firm but not hard. Too soft and I feel like I'm falling into it, haha.
    Pillows--I prefer synthetic down, I like down pillows but the little feathers keep working themselves out and poking you in the face.
    I like the high-thread count sheets too, I think ours we have now are a brushed cotton that is crisp but soft and satiny too. I just love the feel of fresh-washed sheets when everything is crisp feeling and smells nice from the dryer.
    I tend to sleep either on my side or my stomach, when DH is in bed I usually prefer to sleep facing the right, when he isn't there I steal his pillow and use one under my head and drape half my body over the other one (like a body pillow).

worn1 responded:
    my favorite kind of mattress is the numbers bed. I can adjust the hardness/softness. Also can adjust the head and leg postion. Helps alleviate swelling of the feet and legs and helps with acid reflux.
    1 Numbers pilllow- pillow within a pillow.
    cotton sheets fresh out of the dryer
    i always sleep on the right side of the bed on my back.

Helpful Tips

Beware
    Somnapure caused me to become jittery andcreated a hangover feeling next morning,instead of putting me to sleep it did just the opposite! ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center