I hope you'll join in and finish these sentences:

"My favorite kind of mattress is..."
"My favorite kind of pillow is..."
"I use ### pillows when sleeping..."
"My favorite kind of sheets are..."
"As I look at my bed, I always sleep on the Left/Right."

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'll start:

My favorite kind of mattress is a memory foam mattress. I have Fibromyalgia and that mattress made a big difference for me as it doesn't hurt.

My favorite kind of pillow is synthetic and nice and fluffy.

I use two pillows when sleeping (usually on my side).

My favorite kind of sheets are high thread count cotton.

I always sleep on the left, because when I lay on my side to read, it's in the direction of the lamp next to me on that side.

How about you?

butterflygarden responded:
  • My favorite kind of mattress is memory foam. My mom has one and I love it. Can't afford one of my own right now, but I am saving up.

* My favorite pillow is down. I like to be able to mold the pillow to fit my comfort level, and it is soft on my face.

* I use 1 pillow while I am sleeping. (I like to decorate with a bunch of pillows, but not to keep on the bed to sleep.)

* My favorite kind of sheets are high thread count Egyptian cotton. Must be soft and not scratchy.

* I always sleep on the left side of the bed.

Butterfly
  •  
    SoCalSuz replied to butterflygarden's response:
  • I like memory foam too. We are due for a new mattress and I'm waiting for the Labor Day sales! Nothing says celebration of the work force like a new mattress!

*firm pillow - no down.

*2 under my head, hug one

*my favorite sheets are...clean! any kind is fine as long as they are crisp and smell fresh.

*I sleep on the left unless a kid crawls in. Then I sleep on the couch.

Suz
  •  
    mhall6252 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
    My favorite mattress is a plush pillowtop.

My favorite pillow are real down and squishy.

I have three pillows - but by the time the night is over, one is usually on the floor and I'm sleeping on just one.

I sleep on my left side or my tummy. When I had to sleep on my back after some surgery, I had a hard time.

We just got some bamboo sheets and they are very cool and comfortable. High thread cotton ones are nice, too.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to butterflygarden's response:
    Hi Butterfly,

A lot of our members have tried the memory foam mattress toppers and been very happy with those. I know I wouldn't have been able to afford my own mattress without my parents' help; they're not cheap, are they?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to SoCalSuz's response:
    LOL! You have a point with that first line and the 'clean' sheets, Suz!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to mhall6252's response:
    Hey there, Mhall, it's good to 'see' you here!

Interesting about the bamboo sheets; I may have to check them out.

lostinreverie responded:
    My favorite kind of mattress is somewhat firm but somewhat soft as well.

My favorite kind of pillow is fluffy and soft. I don't like feather pillows or foam pillows, just plain regular ones.

I use 2 pillows when sleeping.

My favorite kind of sheets are non-existent. I hate sheets and never use them!

As I look at my bed, I always sleep on the left.

butterflygarden replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
    The mattresses are upwards of $1500, depending on the size and brand.

I have a topper that I bought at Target. It's a middle of the road version, and I spent $90 for it for my king bed. But, it's so much better than just the bare mattress. I have back and shoulder problems, so it makes a big difference.

Butterfly

butterflygarden replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
    I bought my daughter some bamboo sheets. I still prefer cotton, but they were lovely and soft.

Butterfly

butterflygarden replied to lostinreverie's response:
    Hi lost!

Since you don't use sheets on your bed, I have to ask what you put down to cover the mattress?

Curious to know as my son seems averse to sheets as well.

Butterfly

sarah0323 responded:
    My favorite kind of mattress is anything that will let me get some sleep. I want a temperpedic or something similar the next time we get a new mattress.

My favorite kind of pillow is just a plain cheapo pillow from walmart. B/C of allergies I usually buy a new pillow every month or so.

I use 3 pillows when sleeping. 2 under my head and I cuddle one all night.

My favoirte kind of sheets are clean high thread count cotton.

As I look at my bed, I always sleep on the right. I always sleep on my left side.

alaska_mommy responded:
    I'm not sure what kind of mattress we have...haven't yet tried the memory foam kind. I like my mattress somewhat firm but not hard. Too soft and I feel like I'm falling into it, haha.
    Pillows--I prefer synthetic down, I like down pillows but the little feathers keep working themselves out and poking you in the face.
    I like the high-thread count sheets too, I think ours we have now are a brushed cotton that is crisp but soft and satiny too. I just love the feel of fresh-washed sheets when everything is crisp feeling and smells nice from the dryer.
    I tend to sleep either on my side or my stomach, when DH is in bed I usually prefer to sleep facing the right, when he isn't there I steal his pillow and use one under my head and drape half my body over the other one (like a body pillow).

worn1 responded:
    my favorite kind of mattress is the numbers bed. I can adjust the hardness/softness. Also can adjust the head and leg postion. Helps alleviate swelling of the feet and legs and helps with acid reflux.
    1 Numbers pilllow- pillow within a pillow.
    cotton sheets fresh out of the dryer
    i always sleep on the right side of the bed on my back.