Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
the urge to jerk my arms
texasgirl123 posted:
lately when im going to sleep i feel real tired and im just about to go to sleep i have this urge to jerk my arms it feels like my mind is tired but my body is not. i don't know how to explane it but its wierd im so tired but i just ave to jerk my arms until i get tired and fall asleep. like my muscles won't let me sleep. then the next day im so tired cause i didnt get a good nigts sleep. please help any suggestions on what i can do.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Texasgirl,

I hope that others here will share their thoughts on this. Have you discussed this with your doctor. It would be worth making an appointment, especially considering how it's impacting your life.

In the meantime, click here for some information on Restless Leg Syndrome . While it's a different condition since you are being affected in the arms, see if there are any similarities to how you are feeling. It might help you describe what's going on to the doctor.

Helpful Tips

Narcolepsy and nutrition
Hi all, I am a narcoleptic and also I have sleep apnea. I recently joined a program called optifast to lose weight, it is a program that is ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center