Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Need some advice!!! Dont know what to do!!!
    Brookins6 posted:
    Im a single father, I just recently got divorced and i have all 5 of my kids living with me. I got diagnosed with sleep apena about 2 years ago, I stop breathing about 80 times per hour the doctors finally got me the right machine (bipap) the end of 2011 but i was still have the same simptoms, falling asleep driving, always tried dosent matter how much i go to sleep and is almost impossible for me to wake up on a timely fashion. I have been taking provgil for almost a year now it dose help alot but i still cant wake up when i need to, to get to work, my job knows about it they are not working with me and now i used all of my FMLA and now going on short term disability but i cant take care of my kids with that money and im proceeding child support from the mother but i havent got a court date from that yet. But i dont want to lose my apartment so i dont know what to do, im looking for some other way of income because now i cant work! Someone can u please help me figure this out because my family(mother, bother and other relatives) do not understand and i have to do so much for my kids and i cant lose my place!!! Thank you!!!
    Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi Brookins and welcome,

    It certainly sounds like you need better medical care and support. You're dealing with a lot.

    While you're waiting for others to respond with suggestions, take a look at this post created by a WebMD member; not all resources may apply to you but many will and can at least offer you avenues to explore.

    And if you have family or friends who can help with your day-to-day care of the children, reach out to them. It's a difficult time for you all.

    Helpful Tips

    soothing sounds
    I find that when im having trouble sleeping a sound machine helps me get to sleep More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 2 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center