Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Can't... stay... awake...
MyJodiGirl posted:
For a few years I've been having a very difficult time getting up out of bed and then staying awake. I'm 24 years old and I've always had a lack of energy, but the "older" I get the worse I seem to be getting. The way I am now, it's virtually impossible for me to stay awake for more than 12 hours. I spend my hour lunch break at work hurriedly eating my lunch and then snoozing on the staff room couch. Most Sundays I can't make it through church without falling asleep. In 2010 I wrecked my car because I fell asleep while driving.

I've done all I can to figure this out. I thought my wreck in 2010 was because of a seizure medication I was on at the time, so I asked to get off of it. But nothing changed. I told my doctor I thought I had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, but he didn't take me seriously... not that anything could be done anyway. I bought a new mattress because I thought maybe I wasn't get a good enough night's sleep. In July of this year I got a sleep study done. The tech that did it said that everything looked normal, but I never did get to ask my doctor because he lost it (*facepalm*). I've tried everything I can think of, not to mention caffeine and natural supplements. I'm still so tired. What do I do??

Helpful Tips

Narcolepsy and nutrition
Hi all, I am a narcoleptic and also I have sleep apnea. I recently joined a program called optifast to lose weight, it is a program that is ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center