Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fisher Wallace Cranial Stimulator
julro27 posted:
My 19 year old daughter was always moody even as a kid. I knew when she was 4 that she had manic depression because my husband had been diagnosed with the same thing. The similarities in their behavior were great. When she turned 18 was was supposed to get married to her then boyfriend. It ended before she got a chance to get married. But that must have been the push that made all of her symptoms come out. She was extremely manic. And when she came down from that she got extremely depressed. She also has sleep issues that she never had before.

Her anger was the worst part. It wasn't simple moodiness anymore. It was total and utter rage. You could look in her eyes and it was almost like looking the devil in the eyes. It didn't seem real. And you could tell that although she knew she being hurtful, she could not understand how much we feared the situations she put us all in. She tried medicine after medicine all with horrible side effects. So at some point she told me no more meds, no more doctors. She had moderate bi polar symptoms that could not go untreated.

Then I stumbled upon the Fisher Wallace Cranial Stimulator on a bi-polar website. It was the answer to our prayers. When she uses it she is approachable. I can have long conversations with her. Before this she would get agitated in minutes and could not tolerate sometimes saying more than hello.

She has had no side effects from the machine. She has seen the lights in the back ground but no discomfort. In fact, I wondered since she did not feel anything if it were even on. But an electrode fell from the headband and when she picked it up it shocked her then.

She felt it worked so well that she has even told others about it. She never promotes anything. She also feels it helps her sleep. It is a great devise. It almost feels like magic.She saw a difference in less than a week. I was amazed.

ripvanwinckle responded:
I also started using the F$W stimulator. I started using it 2 weeks ago. Im not noticing any difference at this time. How long has your daughter been using it? I have severe deppresion and it has a money back (less headband and ear sponges) if it doesnt help in 30 to 45 days. So I figured, I didnt have anything to lose.I use mine on 2 , what setting does she use? I have so many side effects from meds, I was praying this would work for me.

julro27 replied to ripvanwinckle's response:
Ripvanwinkle,

My daughter has been using it a few weeks. But she started seeing results after only about 5 days if I remember correctly. Her depression is not as severe as her mania is. But when she comes down from a long time period of being extremely manic she does get depressed. She puts it on setting 1 before she goes to sleep and setting 2 at the end of the day 6 hrs apart. She does i after she gets out of the shower one of the times when she uses it so her hair is really wet. Wetness is the key because it has a lot to do with the conductivity from what I read. I don't know if that is the issue or not. But she uses her devise twice daily. I don't know how often you use it.

Helpful Tips

Get a ZEO
I went to a sleep center & did 2 sleep studies. They diagnosed me with sleep apnea. I purchased a ZEO (at home PSG sleep monitor) and ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 17 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center